Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ok. Jobs are finished for the day and it is time to continue with what I started about mortality and perspectives and God's Plan of Happiness.

I can hear whole populations of people saying, "God's plan of HAPPINESS!?! Yeah, right! Get a load of this guy's blog. He's going to shove God down our throats with some line about a plan of happiness. Get a grip, Cv." Probably there is a lot more of that line of thinking than any of us know about, and for good reason. Life is tough and quite unpleasant at times, no argument.

Still, there is a lot of happiness going around, too, and I don't think there would be any argument to the claim that what people really want out of life is perpetual, abundant, healthy, happy living. So what do people dream about, sing about, look for, work for, live for? Happiness. And Joy. And what is the difference between the two?

The answer to that last question is: Love. And I have a story to exemplify it.

First, however, let me say that while I am a devout Christian of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, when I say God, I am referring to the God of Heaven who has many names and many followers, not all are Christians and likely not most are church going people. While I speak of God, you have the absolute right and responsibility to believe in and respond to God in your own way. Please do so with God's blessing.

Now for the story about Happiness and Joy ... Oops, it is late and I've a warm bed and soft pillow calling my name. I must respond. You can wait; my bed can't.

Gotta love it, A? (Bet you couldn't tell I am from Canada, A?)

No comments: